Friday 20 May 2011

Punny Get Well Card For Alan

Our friend Alan isn't well at the moment and so I decided to make him a get well card.  My usual flowers or butterflies not being suitable for a man card I chose the oak leaves stamp from the SU! Lovely As A Tree set.  My masculine colour combo is Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke and Early Espresso.  I stamped the image repeatedly on the card front using Espresso ink to make a background.  Whilst doing that I hit on the idea of using OAKay as a punny sentiment.  It gets worse  - I wrote inside that I hoped his TREEtment would work quickly so he'd feel better soon.  I added that I knew it was ACORNy card but I couldn't resist.  Hopefully, it raised a chuckle but more likely a groan!

I used a woodgrain embossing folder on the Mustard oval and then brayered Mustard ink over the embossing.  I stamped the image all over the Artichoke oval and mounted that on an Espresso Labels 4 Nestie shape.  Then I stamped the oak image on Crumb Cake CS, cut it out and I popped it up.  I computer generated the sentiment using the Bookman Old Style font and I cut it out with a Labels Trio die.  The finishing touch was to add gold nailheads.


Then I cut a Crumb Cake panel for inside the card and stamped the oak leaf cluster a couple of times and I also stamped on the envelope front.


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Lovely As A Tree set
CS: SU! Bravo Burgundy, More Mustard, Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke & Early Espresso
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & More Mustard
Tools: Craft Concepts woodgrain embossing folder, brayer, Petite Oval & Labels Four Nestabilities dies, Labels Trio die
Embellishments & accessories: self adhesive gold nailheads, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

2 comments:

kelly said...

hee hee, I do love a good pun!
great idea to use the leaf for a background!
Kelly x

Sue said...

Just brilliant Ruth i would think that did make him feel better Luv Sue x

01 09 10