Friday 30 March 2012

A Clutch Of Chickie Easter Scalloped Circle Cards

I've always loved the cute little chickie in the A Good Egg set but I didn't buy the set while it was current, I waited to get a retired bargain from eBay!  While I had chickie out and inked up I decided to make a few cards so I made 4 identical cards.  I love shaped cards and I went for a scalloped circle shape using my largest Nestie die.  My colour combo is Pool Party and Daffodil Delight with a touch of black.  I stamped on watercolour paper and coloured the chicks with markers and a wet paintbrush.  I paper pieced the eggshell with some patterned paper and used the same paper for the envelope flap.  I punched the sentiment out with the Modern Label punch and attached it with a black brad.


Here are my 4 chickie cards all together.  There's something so satisfying in seeing a group of identical cards, perhaps I should do it more often!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! A Good Egg set
CS: SU! Pool Party, Daffodil Delight & Basic Black, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: My Mind's Eye Lime Twist paper
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Daffodil Delight, Summer Sun, Only Orange
Tools: Plain & scalloped circle Nestabilities dies, SU! Modern Label punch
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Vintage brads



Photobucket

3 comments:

kelly said...

These little easter chicks are soooo cute! Loving the scallop circle shaped cards too!
Kelly xx

Margaret said...

These are so cute! Love the bright colors and the black really makes the image pop!

Michelle Short said...

Thank you so much for my lovely card and chocolates. Such a cute chick and I love the colour combo. Thank you xxx

01 09 10