this lovely chest of drawers recently that had been covered with SU! Spice Cake papers and I thought I would alter my chest with those papers too. However, having recently got the utterly gorgeous Everyday Enchantment SAB papers I chose those to alter my chest. I thought the colour scheme went so much better with the deep red carcase. Originally I was going to cover the whole chest but I decided to just cover the drawer fronts and to add knobs to the drawers. Quick and easy - right?!
Wrong - who knew knobs could be so troublesome?! The first lot I bought had to be taken back because the screws that came with the knobs weren't the right size so you couldn't fit the screw and knob together - no way, no how! So then I chose these small wooden ones and at least the screws fitted - but they were very long. Owen makes a trip to the shed to get some shorter ones - success - but they're still too long and my knobs are wobbly. Owen says we need washers to sort this issue out so off he goes to the shops. He was gone ages and when he came back he had no washers. He'd managed to find some rubber discs but they didn't have holes in but he thought we could make our own holes. I get my trusty Crop-a-dile out and make all the holes, that thing cuts like butter! So eventually, my knobs are on and they're not wobbly - yay! Here's the finished result.
I couldn't decide which papers to use so I used two patterns. This is now gracing a bookshelf holding all kinds of odds and ends and I love it!