Friday 23 March 2012

Gift Card Holders With Crimped Pouch Envelopes

At the last Stamper's Ten Make and Take evening one of the projects Joanne shared with us was a cute gift card holder that went inside a crimped pouch - the pouch is made by altering an envelope.  I started mine there but have finished it off at home - and then I couldn't resist trying it with a larger sized envelope!

This first one uses an SU! Whisper White C6 size envelope.  You stick the envelope shut and apply a tiny bit of glue to the sides of the flap so that they will be firmly stuck down and not snag in the finished pouch.  Cut the envelope at 10.5 cms.  Punch the open side of the smaller envelope piece with the Scallop Edge punch.  Then run the larger envelope piece through the crimper - making sure you have the open side at the side as it goes through the crimper.  This ensures that the envelope shrinks widthwise which means the smaller piece can fit over the top of it as a lid for the pouch.  Rounding the top corners of the larger piece means it's easier to put the pouch lid on.  Here's my finished pouch which has been decorated with patterned paper, ribbon and punched Boho Blossom flowers.


To make the card to go inside the pouch, cut a piece of A4 Whisper White CS in half lengthways.  Score along the long side at 10.5 cms and 21 cms and then cut it off at 24.5 cms.  Punch along the short edge of the small section with the Scallop Edge punch. Apply Sticky Strip to the two short ends and fold to make a pouch inside the card for the gift card holder to slide into.  Fold on the other score line to make the card base.

For my card front I've added a patterned paper strip, a scalloped edge CS strip, a sentiment and I've popped up the Triple Treat flower.  At the centre of my flower is some contraband - that's what Joanne calls my eBay USA purchases LOL!  It's an SU! pewter Build a Brad.  In the tin you get  brad bases and clear epoxy dome stickers.  To build the brad, you punch out patterned paper or a stamped image with the 1/2" circle punch, stick that on the top of the brad and then cover that with the epoxy dome sticker.  Perfect - a brad to match your project every time!  I've used the yellow stripy paper from the Just Eat Cake DSP for this brad.


Here's the inside of the card with the scalloped pocket at the side where you can place a gift card, bank notes or tickets.  You can also see the pouch made from the two separate envelope pieces and you can see where I rounded the corners.  What a great project, I was so taken with it I had to make another one!


I thought I'd try with a different sized envelope and make a larger square card to go inside. I also took the opportunity of using another of Jan's PaperMania Designer Die Cuts as I thought the die cut shape would work really well as a pocket.  I've used an envelope that would be suitable for a 5" x 7" card.  The envelope measures 133 x 184 mms and I cut it at 13 cms.  This time I used the Eyelet Border punch to punch my pouch lid.  I sponged the edges with Pink Pirouette ink.  I cut the Designer Die Cut into 3 pieces so I had a narrow strip for the pouch lid, a wider strip for the card front and a shaped piece for my pocket on the inside of the card.  Here's my finished pouch with a Pretty in Pink Posy Punch flower on the bottom crimped part.


For my card base I used Pink Pirouette CS and I made a 12 cms square card.  To make my flower I punched two Pink Pirouette Fancy Flowers, spritzed them with water, scrunched them up a few times and dried them with my heat tool.  Once dry I added some Rose Red sponging and put another contraband Build a Brad in the centre.  I used a Spellbinder's Labels Trio die to cut out the sentiment.


Here's the inside showing the shaped die cut pocket.  To make the pocket I placed the paper die cut on a piece of Whisper White CS, traced the fancy edge, cut it out and glued the paper to the white CS.  I thought this would make a sturdier pocket, as the die cut is made of paper I didn't feel it was strong enough.  I then glued the pocket to the bottom of the card, making sure to apply adhesive at the bottom and sides only.  I stamped a sentiment and the card was finished.  I really like these crimped pouches, they make a lovely alternative to a plain envelope - and I get to use my new crimper LOL!



Supplies for white card & pouch:
Stamps: SU! Triple Treat Flower stamp, SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes set
CS: SU! Whisper White, So Saffron & Baja Breeze
Patterned paper: SU! Just Eat Cake DSP
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Baja Breeze
Tools: SU! Scallop Edge punch, SU! Fancy Flower, 5 Petal Flower & Boho Blossoms punches, SU! crimper, SU! 1/2" circle punch, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, SU! So Saffron brads, SU! pewter Build a Brad kit, SU! Dimensionals & glue dots



Supplies for pink card & pouch:
Stamps: SU! Posy Punch & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets, Hero Arts Yummy Treats clear set
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: PaperMania Parkstone Pink Designer Die Cut shape
Ink: SU! Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, SU! Fancy Flower punch, SU! 1/2" & 3/4" circle punches, Spellbinder's Labels Trio die, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: SU! pewter Build a Brad kit, SU! Dimensionals & glue dots



Photobucket

3 comments:

Migdalia said...

Amazing!Love everything....The colors are beautiful and so are the flowers that you used.

Margaret said...

Such a wonderful project! Love the texture and you did a fabulous job dressing these up!

Waseem said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
01 09 10