Wednesday 21 March 2012

Cupcake Birthday Wishes Card

My friend Jan was given a pack of PaperMania Parkstone Pink Designer Die Cuts and she was looking for some inspiration on how to use them.  She kindly let me have a few so I could have a play.  I chose the pink gingham shaped one to work with first and as it reminded me of a tablecloth that led me to using a die cut cupcake as my main image on the card.

I decided on contrasting colours as no pink CS I had went with the patterned paper, everything I had was so different in tone.  I opted for Pool Party and Chocolate Chip - with a tiny bit of Cherry Cobbler for, of course, the cherry on top!  I've applied Crystal Effects to the cupcake icing so it's glossy and raised and I've popped up the cupcake.  I added two Choc Chip buttons and a framed sentiment to finish off the card front.


I added a sentiment tag inside the card and put a cake punched circle element on the envelope flap.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts 'Sending You Love' & 'Yummy Treats' clear sets
CS: PaperMania white square card blank, SU! Pool Party, Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cobbler
Patterned paper: PaperMania Parkstone Pink Designer Die Cut shape
Ink: SU! Pool Party, Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cobbler
Tools: Hero Arts Small Tag Frame Frame Cuts die, Sizzix Rounded Tags Framelits dies, SU! 1 3/8" circle punch, SU! 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Crystal Effects, SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, SU! Latte Designer Buttons, Doodlebug 'Cupcake' brads, Signo White Gel Pen, 3d foam tape



Photobucket

1 comment:

kelly said...

yum yum, this card looks good enough to munch on!!
Kelly xx

01 09 10