Sunday 4 March 2012

Playing With New Goodies - Two Cards

I'm still enjoying 'rubber rapture' in my craft room playing with my new goodies!  I loved the blossom branch image in the SU! Easter Blossoms set as soon as I saw it.  I ummed and aahed about buying the set as I don't make a lot of Easter cards - but I did love that blossom branch muchly! - and that could be used all year round, not just for Easter.  My friend Jan felt the same way about the little girl image in the set and then we were both umming and aahing.  We then decided we could use the set in other ways rather than just for Easter and so we both got the set!

Jan's idea was to cover the eggs in the little girl's basket with tiny punched flowers.  So I've had a play with that idea and came up with this sweet little 4" x 4" card.  I used Pale Plum with Early Espresso as my colour combo.  I used some new sparkly ribbon, a new border die and that lovely 'Just for You'  sentiment from my new Precious Butterflies hostess set.  I've added two tiny flowers with jewel centres to the basket to cover up the eggs.


My idea was to use the Easter egg in the set as a petal and to make a flower.  I inked the egg in Regal Rose ink, rock 'n' rolled in Rose Red ink and stamped 6 eggs.  I then cut out the eggs, shaped the petals a bit, punched a circle and glued the petals to the punched circle to get a flower shape.  I put a luscious Antique brad in the centre.  I stamped the stem and leaves image from the Sweetheart set in Wasabi ink and glued my flower above that.  I  matted onto Rose Red and Wasabi layers and glued the main panel to a 5 1/4" Pink Pirouette card base.  I cut a tad off the side and added a fancy punched border detail.  I finished off by using the 'sending Springtime smiles' sentiment.  I'm quite chuffed how the pretty egg petals have made such a nice flower!


Inside I've used my new Love Blossoms wheel and added a Wasabi punched strip.  I used markers to colour the flower image from the You Are Loved set and used punches to make the circle element for the envelope flap.  So there you are - the Easter Blossoms set is not just for Easter!


Supplies for just for you card:
Stamps: SU! Easter Blossoms & Precious Butterflies sets
CS: Anita's 4" square white card blank, SU! Pale Plum, Early Espresso & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Early Espresso & Pale Plum
Tools: Memory Box Charlotte Border die, Woodware Lilac Blossom punch, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Anita's ribbon, SU! rhinestone jewels, 3d foam tape


Supplies for sending Springtime smiles card:
Stamps: SU! Easter Blossoms, Sweetheart & You Are LOved sets, SU! Love Blossoms wheel
CS: SU! Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi, Rose Red & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Regal Rose, Rose Red & Wild Wasabi
Tools: SU! Eyelet Border punch, circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Antique brad



Photobucket

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Love how you used these stamps! Especially the egg flower! Gorgeous!

01 09 10