Monday 7 May 2012

Bird Swing Birthday Card

It was our good friend Mike's birthday on Saturday and this is the card I made for him.  I knew I wanted to make a bird swing card but I wasn't sure about the colours to use.  I turned to the SU! Colour Coach for help and chose More Mustard, Night of Navy and Cajun Craze - I was surprised at how much I liked that combo, it's great for masculine cards! I did add some Old Olive with the leaves.

I die cut the swing card from More Mustard CS and added some Night of Navy patterned paper and ribbon plus a strip of Cajun Craze CS.  I used the SU! Language of Friendship set (an eBay U.S.A. purchase) to stamp the bird and then I punched out the bird and wing using the bird builder punch.  I sponged ink around the shapes to add a little definition and shading.  I sponged Bashful Blue ink onto a square of Very Vanilla CS, edged the square with Night of Navy ink, added some die cut leafy branches and popped the bird up.  I layered the Very Vanilla panel onto Cajun Craze and Night of Navy mats.


Here's the other side of the swing panel.  I used markers to ink the sentiment in different colours and I added a part of a leafy die cut shape.  I decorated the front of the envelope very simply with just some Night of Navy patterned paper and Cajun Craze CS strips.  I am very pleased to report that Mike loved the card!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Language of Friendship & Happiest Birthday Wishes sets
CS: SU! More Mustard, Night of Navy, Cajun Craze, Old Olive & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Night of Navy DSP from an old pack
Ink: SU! Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, More Mustard & Cajun Craze
Tools: Sizzix 'Card, Square Flip-its' die, Sizzix  Branch w/ Leaves medium Sizzlits die, SU! Bird Builder punch, square Nestabilities dies, Stamp-a-ma-jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10