Tuesday 22 May 2012

Flower & Bee Happy Day Card

I love the Hero Arts stamp and die combo sets and my friend Lesley made me such a lovely birthday card using the Garden Flowers set - which I didn't have.  On my last trip to the Glitter Pot I saw some very nice cards made with the set and now I do have that set in my collection!  The card I made is CASEd from one on display at the Glitter Pot.

I cut a panel of Pretty in Pink textured CS and attached it to the front of an A6 white card base.  I stamped the images on watercolour paper and coloured with inks and a water brush.  I die cut the flower and the bee - oh, that bee is just SO sweet, I love it!  I then cut 3 square panels from the watercolour paper and matted them onto Barely Banana textured CS squares.  I stamped the sentiment, added Dazzling Details glitter glue to the bee's wings, popped the flower and bee up and added a bow to the flower stem.


I stamped inside the card and on the envelope - I added sparkle to the wings on the envelope too, I just couldn't leave them unglittered!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Garden Flowers stamp & die combo set, SU! Happiest Birthday Wishes set, Hero Arts 'Happy Day' Sparkle Clear set
CS: PaperMania A6 white card blank, SU! Pretty in Pink & Barely Banana textured CS, watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Summer Sun, Pool Party & Old Olive, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: Hero Arts Garden Flowers dies from stamp & die combo set, water brush
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Dazzling Details glitter glue, white grosgrain ribbon, 3d foam pads



Photobucket

4 comments:

Migdalia said...

So Sweet and lovely!I love this card.The flower stamp is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Super CAS. Love how you colored in the images in spring colors.

Ardyth said...

So fresh and fun! Love how you used the flower in different positions in the 3 boxes.

kelly said...

What a gorgeous card, is happy and summery! I will have to get myself over to the glitterpot website me thinks!
Kelly xx

01 09 10