Friday, 18 May 2012

Embossed Tree Christmas Card - 52 CCT Colour Challenge #5

It's colour combo week at the 52 CCT blog and it's a great non traditional combo.  I really like non traditional colours for Christmas cards.  Initially I thought of using Elegant Eggplant with Old Olive as that's a fave but then I decided to push myself to try a new combo.  I used Rich Razzleberry and Wild Wasabi with a touch of Brushed Silver and some white. Hmmm, I quite like the combo, I think it gives a contemporary feel but I'm not sure it would become a fave like my beloved Olive and Eggplant!


For my A6 size card I've used a layout based on the Sweet Sunday Sketch #157 - I rotated the sketch. This is a great layout to use my Fishtail Flags dies with!  I've embossed the Razzleberry panel with a Texturz plate.  I stamped the tree in VersaMark ink and heat embossed with Wild Wasabi embossing powder.  I have an ornament stamp that has the same pattern as the tree and I stamped the ornament in Razzleberry ink and punched out a circle.  The circle element is popped up.  I threaded silver lurex thread through the holes of a Razzleberry button and attached that to the card with a glue dot.


I'd tried various options for the circle element on the card front so I had a few circles left over and I decided to use them inside the card.  I simply stamped the ornament on the envelope flap to finish off.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Branch & Flourish Tree & Decorative Ornament, sentiment from Stampendous
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Brushed Silver & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry & Wild Wasabi, VersaMark
Tools: Sizzix Ivy Flourishes Texturz plate, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die, 1", 1 1/4", 1 1/2" & 1 3/4" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Wild Wasabi embossing powder, SU! Rich Razzleberry button, silver lurex thread, 3d foam pads, glue dot



Photobucket

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love this so much Ruth - a perfect choice of Purple and Green, thanks for joining us again at 52CCT - Jacqueline xx

Mynnette said...

Ruth, this is absolutely STUNNING! BUT, I never expect less from you! ;) Fabulous use of the colors--love the little button and your stamps look amazing together! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT and look forward to seeing MORE soon! :)

kelly said...

Great card Ruth I love that tree stamp, gorgeous!!!
Don't think I'll be joining in again this week though, it's nativity, and I don't think I have any nativity stamps at all. Will have to think!
Kelly xx

Creative M said...

My favorite season is winter and Christmas is my Favorite Holiday!Love this card!Can't wait for the holidays to come!!!!TFS

Vicky Hayes said...

This is fabulous Ruth and I love those circular elements. Love the way you stamped the ornament on the envelope too. Vicky x