Friday 16 August 2013

Acanthus Embossed For You Card

On a recent visit to my local craft shop, the Glitter Pot, I saw a couple of beautiful cards on display that had been made with the Cuttlebug Anna Griffin design 'Acanthus' embossing folder set.  It was love at first sight, what a gorgeous folder!  There's a 5" x 7" folder plus a border folder in the set.  I got the last one off the shelf, I would have been SO disappointed if it had been out of stock, I was desperate to get my mitts on it LOL!

I couldn't wait to use it and I embossed a square of thick white CS, layered it onto an Old Olive mat, added some Old Olive ribbon and and glued the mat to the front of a 5 1/4" square white card base.  I die cut the Pair of Ferns and tucked those behind the popped up 'For You' label from the SU! Apothecary Art set.  I stamped the image first in Olive ink and stamped again in Calypso Coral ink, cut the circle out with a 1" circle punch and popped it up.  I punched three Calypso Coral flowers, shaped them and added olive green crystals to the centres.


I used the main folder again to emboss a strip of Old Olive CS for inside the card and I finished off with a narrow Calypso Coral CS strip.


I used the border folder in the set and embossed a strip of Old Olive CS for the front of the envelope.  I stamped, punched and popped up the name label.   The name of our House of Cards UK/European giveaway winner was written inside the label - Vicky.  I sent this card to Vicky in Germany along with her giveaway goodies and I really hope she enjoys her happy mail!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Apothecary Art' & 'Four Frames' sets
CS: IndigoBlu white Perfect Stamping Card, SU! Old Olive & Calypso Coral
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Calypso Coral
Tools: Cuttlebug 'Acanthus' embossing folder set, Cheery Lynn 'Pair of Ferns' dies, SU! Labels Collection Framelits die, SU! 1" circle, Boho Blossoms & Decorative Label punches, embossing stylus & moulding mat
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, olive green Swarovski crystals, SU! Dimensionals


 photo ruth.gif 


1 comment:

kelly said...

Wow, you weren't wrong about this folder its beautiful, I can completely understand that you just had to have it! You are so lucky living close to the glitterpot!!
Love Kelly x

01 09 10