Thursday 22 August 2013

Floral Thinking Of You Card

My friends Angela and Janet came over for a card making afternoon a while ago and this is the card I designed for them both to make.  They must have enjoyed it, they made sure to book another afternoon with me before they went home!

The card base was made with Old Olive CS and measures 5 1/4" square.  I started off with some tone on tone stamping using Old Olive ink on the Old Olive card base to get a background.  I stamped and die cut the floral images, and die cut Labels One Nestie shapes from Very Vanilla and Rich Razzleberry CS.  I stamped the Crackleglaze background onto the vanilla label with Crumb Cake ink stamped off once first.  I stamped the sentiment and edged the vanilla label with Crumb Cake ink using a sponge dauber.  The large flower and one of the smaller ones were popped up and I finished off the card front by applying dots of Magenta Stickles to the flowers.


Here's a close up so you can see the fab Crackleglaze stamped background better.


Here's the inside and the envelope.


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts/Sizzix 'Floral' stamp & die combo set, Hero Arts 'Paper Art' background stamp, IndigoBlu Crackleglaze background stamp
CS: SU! Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Pink Pirouette & Very Vanilla
Ink: SU! Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Crumb Cake
Tools: Labels One Nestabilities dies, dies from Hero Arts/Sizzix 'Floral' stamp & die combo set, sponge dauber
Embellishments & accessories: Magenta Stickles, SU! Dimensionals


 photo FlowerRuth.gif 


1 comment:

kelly said...

simply beautiful Ruth I love the crackle background, you do details SO well, another stunner!
Kelly

01 09 10