Saturday 3 August 2013

Silver Sparkly Snowflake Merry Christmas Card - 52 {C}CT Aug Sketch Challenge

Sarah is our challenge hostess for August and she has designed a great sketch for us to work with at 52 {C}CT  this week.

 

I thought the nine rectangular panels were perfect for patterned paper and I chose three different papers from the SU! Snow Festival pack.  I cut the rectangles with a Nestie die, glued the panels to a Gumball Green mat layer and added the ribbons.  I die cut the snowflake four times, once using Silver Glimmer Paper and three times using Whisper White CS and stacked the layers together so I could get a fairly chunky chipboard look to the snowflake.  I stamped and die cut the banner and attached the snowflake and banner to the mat layer with a Build a Brad.  I then glued the mat to a Cherry Cobbler A6 size card base.  I added Dimensionals underneath the banner.


Here's the inside and the envelope where I used more of the fun patterned papers.  I used markers to ink up the sentiment stamp to get the three different colours.  

 

Another Christmas card added to the box - yay!  I hope you'll take the opportunity to add a Christmas card to your stash by joining in with our sketch challenge at 52 {C}CT this week!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Owl Occasions' set, SU! 'Something for Christmas' stamp
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green & Whisper White

Patterned paper:  SU! Snow Festival DSP pack
Ink: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green & Baja Breeze
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities die, Sizzix Snowflake Sizzlits die, MFT Fishtail Flags Stax die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Primrose Petals & Gumball Green stitched satin ribbons, SU! Build a Brad, Dimensionals


 photo ruthcatonbranch.gif 

6 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the papers and the way you've tied all the parcels together. Thanks for the tip about making the snowflake - must try this out! As always, the inside and envelope are just lovely!

Pia S said...

I really like the sketch - it's ideal for using some of those scraps. I like how you used different patterns for each row, and the way you tied the ribbons is a fun detail!

Danielle Vincent said...

Fun way to use those papers Ruth and I am in LOVE with your snowflake. Hugs D

Louise van Vuren said...

Hi Ruth, love your use of those gorgeous papers, and thanks for the snowflake idea-will be trying that one! Sorry I've not been around for commenting so much and will be away for much of August but I always love the stuff you do for 52CCT

Louise xx

Mynn xx said...

Oooo, that snowflake is awesome! LOVE the patterned papers you used! This is so bright and fun! HUGS and have a great week!

sarahstone said...

I like the way you made three rows of patterns wrapped with ribbons. This is a really pretty take on the sketch; I really like the patterns on the paper and the glittery snowflake!

01 09 10