Thursday 18 February 2021

Butterflies Hello Friend Card

Stampin' Up! have released the 'Butterfly Brilliance' collection of products early and I fell in love as soon as I laid eyes on them!  Butterflies are a favourite motif of mine and these are beautiful.  There is one large stamp that stamps six butterflies and there is a set of dies.  These products will be for sale in the brand new annual catalogue that will be released later this year.  Then there are some papers that are only available during the early ordering period - the most gorgeous 6" x 6" patterned papers and some 12" x 12" pale woodgrain textured specialty paper.  I took advantage of the demonstrator preorder and bought the whole collection.  I was like a kid when my package arrived, the products are just so beautiful and they made my heart happy for sure!

I wanted to create a card for my friend Lesley because she very kindly let me run off a few die cuts of the SU! 'Messages' die that she'd bought, she's a sweetheart like that!  Lesley was coming round to collect her stuff later so I wanted to create immediately and I saw that one of the dies in the set could be used with a sheet of the patterned paper to cut out six different butterflies - different sizes, shapes and colours.  Fabulous - one pass through my die cutting machine resulted in six beautiful butterflies ready to go on a card!

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I embossed a panel of Crumb Cake CS with the 'Brick & Mortar' 3D embossing folder, added some Crumb Cake and Soft Suede inks using a blending brush and adhered the panel to the front of an A6 sized white card base.  I folded up the wings of three butterflies and glued them in place just by applying glue along the bodies and with Dimensionals placed under the wings.  I took one of the die cuts from the 'Messages' die, stamped the 'Hello friend' sentiment from the 'A Touch of Ink' stamp set on it in black ink and popped that up.  I sprinkled on a few pretty 'Artistry Blooms' sequins to finish the front.


Two butterflies went on the inside.


The sixth butterfly went on the front of the envelope.  I also die cut another shape from the 'Messages' die using the reverse of the butterfly paper to use as a name label which I popped up.


A very speedy card to put together and it was so enjoyable!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'A Touch of Ink' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake & Basic White Thick CS 
Patterned paper: SU! 'Butterfly Bijou' 6" x 6" DSP pack
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Crumb Cake & Soft Suede
Tools: SU! 'Brilliant Wings' & 'Messages' dies, ink blending brush
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! 'Artistry Blooms' sequins, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10