Monday 22 February 2021

Leafy Hello Pop Up Pocket Cards - Set Of 10

Recently I came across this fabulous pop up pocket card project made by Julie Davison and I was really taken by it.  I loved how it was a fun fold but easy to make and had a surprise factor!  I decided I was going to make one for each of my card group ladies.  I am really missing getting together with them and I thought this was a nice way to stay in touch.

The measurement and scoring details are: cut an A4 piece of CS in half length ways and score at 2" and 7 7/8" to create the card base.  To create the insert pop up piece, cut a piece of CS 3 3/8" x 7 1/2" and score at 2" and 7".

Here's one of the cards and a matching envelope.


I've used Soft Seafoam CS and patterned papers from the SU! 'Forever Greenery' paper pack.  The Shaded Spruce leaf shape was cut using a die from the 'Forever Flourishing' die set and I punched the gold shapes using the 'Sprig' punch.  I adhered the leaves and sentiment label to a circle shape cut with a 'Stitched Shapes' die.  I used my old, retired 'Word Window' punch to cut out the sentiment label and I snipped off the excess when I'd adhered it in place.


Here's what the inside of the card looks like as you're starting to open it.  I stamped a leafy image just above the pocket area.


Here's the card fully opened.  I couldn't resist stamping 'Surprise!' on the pocket flap.  It tickles me that it appears as the card is fully opened and I hope the ladies get a kick out of it!  The 'Surprise!' stamp is from an old, retired SU! set called 'Tin of Tags'.


Ta-da, I tucked a lottery scratch card into the pocket of each card.  This design would be fabulous for gift cards and cash too.  


I stamped an image on each envelope and added a stamped and die cut name label too.


Here are all 10 cards and envelopes ready for me to write out and pop in the post.


What a very satisfying project, I thoroughly enjoyed making those!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Forever Fern' & 'Tin of Tags' sets
CS: SU! Shaded Spruce, Soft Seafoam & Whisper White, Gold Foil Sheet
Patterned paper: 'Forever Greenery' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Pretty Peacock & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Forever Flourishing', 'Stitched Shapes' & 'Stitched Shapes' die sets, 'Sprig' & 'Word Window' punches
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10