Sunday 14 February 2021

Two Hydrangea Thank You Cards

I wanted to make thank you cards for two friends and I kept to the same layout but changed the colour scheme and the orientation of the flower.  The SU! 'Hydrangea Hill' suite of products is absolutely beautiful, I adored it as soon as I saw it.  The patterned paper is especially gorgeous and I wanted to feature a large part of paper in the card design.

Here are the two cards together.


Here is the Rococo Rose card and matching envelope.


I stamped the outline images in black ink and stamped the flower head background in Rococo Rose ink and the leaves in Old Olive ink.  After die cutting the pieces I popped the hydrangea up onto the 'Stitched So Sweetly' die cut rectangle. I added a stamped and die cut tag plus some pastel pink pearls. 


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


Here's the Highland Heather card and matching envelope.


Again I stamped the outline images in black ink but I didn't use the solid background stamp to add colour to the flower head this time.  Instead I applied Seaside Spray, Highland Heather and Misty Moonlight inks using ink blending brushes.  I loved how I got a pretty multi toned effect which is often how hydrangeas are in real life.  I stamped the leaves in Old Olive ink and again added a tag and pastel pearls.


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


The 'Hydrangea' dies set includes a sweet little label die so I decided to add a corresponding colour name label to the front of each envelope - a nice touch I thought!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Hydrangea Haven' set
CS: SU! Highland Heather, Rococo Rose & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Hydrangea Hill' DSP Pack
Ink: SU! Highland Heather, Misty Moonlight, Old Olive, Rococo Rose & Seaside Spray, Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: SU! 'Hydrangea' & 'Stitched So Sweetly' die sets, ink blending brushes
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! black baker's twine, Pastel Pearls & Dimensionals 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10