Friday 26 February 2021

Succulents Friend Card

I recently got the SU! 'Simply Succulents' stamp set with the matching dies.  I got the supplies out to have a play and decided I'd do some watercolouring as it's been ages since I did any.  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I embossed a piece of Crumb Cake CS with the 'Brick & Mortar' 3D embossing folder and added some Crumb Cake and Soft Suede inks using ink blending brushes - just a hint of colour to add a touch of definition.  I used Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry, Pear Pizzazz and Soft Suede inks to colour the plants and Cajun Craze and Soft Suede inks to colour the pot - all applied with a Water Painter onto SU! Fluid 100 watercolour paper.  I applied some Soft Suede ink to the bottom of the panel to ground the pot, popped up the succulents and added the ribbon and popped up the sentiment label.  I applied the Crumb Cake layer to a Rich Razzleberry mat layer and adhered that to the front of a Mint Macaron card base. 


I stamped succulents in Mint Macaron ink on the inside of the card.


I stamped more Mint Macaron succulents on the front of the envelope to finish.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Simply Succulents' & 'Daisy Lane' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Rich Razzleberry & Basic White, Fluid 100 watercolour paper
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Mint Macaron, Pear Pizzazz, Rich Razzleberry & Soft Suede, VersaFine Onyx Black
Tools: SU! 'Potted Succulents' dies, 'Messages' die, SU! 'Brick & Mortar' 3D embossing folder, SU! Water Painter, ink blending brushes
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Mint Macaron ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10