Saturday 27 February 2021

Flamingo Thanks Card - Plus Fun With Shrink Plastic

I recently came across a tri panel card made by Julie Davison - featured in her YouTube video here.  I decided to make my own version using the SU! 'Friendly Flamingo' stamp set which I couldn't resist! I've made a tri fold patterned paper card before but it was a very long time ago - this blog post is all about blasts from the past!

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  Using 'Stitched Rectangle' dies I cut out a rectangular aperture and a frame of Flirty Flamingo CS and glued the frame in place. My sweet friend Lesley had let me use her SU! 'Messages' die and I used that to cut the pieces for my sentiment element.  I stamped 'thanks' in Shaded Spruce ink, popped the label up and added a couple of 'From my Heart' faceted gems.


Here's the second panel.  I just HAD to use this SU! 'Tropical Oasis' patterned paper - it's perfect with the flamingos on the reverse!  I applied Balmy Blue ink to the white panel with an ink blending brush, stamped the flamingo, water and weed and glued the panel to a Flirty Flamingo mat layer.


Here's the third panel with more stamping, a "you're outstanding" sentiment and more faceted gems.  


Here's the card fully open.


Here's the envelope with a simple stamped circle element.


A few days after making this card I went into a long neglected drawer in my craft room and found some shrink plastic.  I wondered if I'd be able to use it to make some fun flamingo earrings and I reckoned there was only one way to find out!  It has been years since I've used shrink plastic and I'd forgotten how nerve wracking it is when you're heating your piece and it quickly curls up and sticks to itself!  So, it took a couple of attempts but I have flamingo earrings which will go nicely with my flamingo themed face mask!


Here are the earrings with the stamped flamingo for a size comparison, the shrink plastic certainly reduces the size!  The Flirty Flamingo ink colour certainly intensified too!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Friendly Flamingo' & 'Simply Succulents' sets
CS: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Shaded Spruce & Basic White 
Patterned paper: SU! 'Tropical Oasis' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, Pool Party & Shaded Spruce
Tools: SU! 'Stitched Rectangles' & 'Flamingo' die sets, 'Messages' die, circle punches
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! 'From my Heart' faceted gems, Dimensionals, shrink plastic, earring findings 

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10