Monday 1 March 2010

CAS Posy Thank You Card for Jan

I went to the Glitter Pot today and bought a pack of textured 4" square cards and some square gems. I got home and checked out the CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers. It was 'It's Hip to be Square!', (we were to make a square card), so my new purchases fit right in LOL!

I also bought my first batch of Copic markers so this is the first card made with an image coloured with them. I look forward to getting better with practise! The flower image is cut out and popped up. I also coloured the clear square gems with a blue Copic marker, how fab to be able to do that!

My good, crafty friend Jan lent me her Copic markers so that I could try them out to see how I got on with them, bless her heart! This thank you card will go to her to say thank you for her kindness.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Peeking Posies & Thank You Messages sets
CS: Anita's textured 4" square card blank, Bristol Board extra smooth drawing pad, SU! Tempting Turquoise CS
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools: Square Nestability die
Embellishments & accessories: Copic markers, SU! Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, PaperMania Mosaics clear square gems, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

pink lady said...

What a pretty card, the colours are really fresh and I love the flower image x

Dawn B. said...

Ruth these colors together are so striking.. I love this. I found a place here in the U.S. that sells them very reasonable. My collection is slowly growing. I love them now..Super job..

01 09 10