Tuesday 30 March 2010

March SU! Stamper's Ten Challenge Card

This month Joanne gave us Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke and Very Vanilla CS, a piece of Bella Bleu patterned paper and some Always Artichoke ribbon to make our challenge cards with. She also gave us a stamped thank you element but when I saw the colours I immediately thought masculine and so I decided to make a male birthday card. I have 3 male birthdays coming up in May and it would be nice to be prepared for a change rather than having to make them all at the last moment! This will go to Owen's brother.

I used a stamp from the Happy Moments SAB set. This was a gift from my very kind friend Jan. Before attaching the Artichoke mat, I pierced a row of holes along the bottom with my Scor-Bug piercing tool. Running this along a groove of the Scor-Pal meant very straight piercing, not always what I achieve when I pierce with a manual piercing tool! I stamped the gifts in VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink and coloured them with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and a wet paintbrush. I layered the image, added SU! vintage brads to the corners and have popped the panel up.

Before adhering the patterned paper piece, I tied a loose knot in a strip of ribbon, put a small strip of ribbon through the knot and pulled tight to get a knot. I then attached the ends around the back of the patterned paper. I really like this ribbon technique I learned from Liz at a Stamper's Ten evening, you get a really neat knot! Finally, I added the birthday sentiment.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Happy Moments and Sincere Salutations sets
CS: SU! Bravo Burgundy, Always Artichoke & Very Vanilla
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Always Artichoke, VersaFine Vintage Sepia
Tools: Rectangle Nestabilities dies, SU! Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Scor-Pal & Scor-Bug
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Always Artichoke grosgrain ribbon, SU! Vintage Brads, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10