Friday 25 June 2021

Poppy Trio Birthday Card

Today I'm sharing a poppies card I've CASEd from page 25 of the SU! 2021 -2022 annual catalogue.  I've never been a fan of the colour orange but I do quite like Mango Melody and that's what I went for on my version of the card.  Here's my card and envelope.


Here's my card.  I've used some Mango Melody gingham patterned paper from a retired pack of Brights DSP for my strip down the side of the card and I edged that with a narrow strip of Basic Black CS.  I embossed the Basic White panel with the 'Brick & Mortar' 3D embossing folder and glued that in place.  To colour in the poppy flowers and leaves I used Light Soft Sea Foam, Dark Mint Macaron, Light Petal Pink, Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light So Saffron and Dark Mango Melody Stampin' Blends.  I really tried to leave some white space as I like that look.  The flowers and sentiment panel are popped up on Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card with more gingham and a sentiment label.


More gingham paper went on the front of the envelope.  I love gingham, I think it's so cheery!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Painted Poppies' & 'Peaceful Moments' sets
CS: SU! Basic Black, Mango Melody & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! Brights 6" x 6" DSP pack (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Light Soft Sea Foam, Dark Mint Macaron, Light Petal Pink, Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light So Saffron & Dark Mango Melody Stampin' Blends
Tools: SU! 'Stitched So Sweetly' die set, 'Brick & Mortar' 3D embossing folder
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10