Tuesday 8 June 2021

Strawberries Thank You Book Binding Fold Card

Dena Rekow at the Creativity Cave shared a card on her blog with a book binding fun fold which was a bit different and I thought I'd have a go at making one.  I've used the Sweet Strawberry stamp set and matching punch and some of the paper from the 'Berry Delightful' DSP pack for my card.  Here's my card and envelope together.


The card base is made with Poppy Parade CS and I scored a line 1 1/4" from the fold and glued that section down.  I adhered a strip of patterned paper and added a white baker's twine bow.  I then got busy stamping, punching and colouring.  I stamped the sentiment in Garden Green ink, stamped the leafy sprays in Garden Green ink and used Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends to colour in the leaves.  I stamped the flowers in Garden Green ink and used Light Daffodil Delight and Dark Mango Melody Stampin' Blends to add colour to the flower centres.   I stamped the outline strawberries in full strength Poppy Parade ink but used stamped off once Poppy Parade ink for the solid strawberry images.  I stamped the top of the strawberries in Garden Green ink for the outline and filled in with Granny Apple Green ink.  I fussy cut the tops of the strawberries after I'd punched them out - just the bottom bits - because I didn't like the white showing when I layered the stalks onto the berries.  The strawberries and flowers are all popped up on Dimensionals.  I finished off by adding three Garden Green Glitter Enamel Dots.


Here's a view from the top of the card open showing the glued down section.  Just a different way to make a card that's a fun touch.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the enveloe.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Sweet Strawberry' set
CS: SU! Poppy Parade & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Berry Delightful' DSP
Ink: SU! Garden Green, Granny Apple Green & Poppy Parade, Light Daffodil Delight, Dark Mango Melody & Dark & Light Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends
Tools: SU! 'Strawberry' builder punch
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! white baker's twine, Toile Tidings Glitter Enamel Dots, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10