Wednesday 2 June 2021

Jade & Pink Rose Hello Card

The SU! catalogue has a lovely hello card on the front using products from the 'Expressions in Ink' suite of products. I wanted to make a version of the card using a different patterned paper and I chose the gorgeous Just Jade and Shaded Spruce coloured paper for my card.  Here's my card and envelope together.


Here's the card.  I die cut the leaf shape from Thick Basic White CS and applied Just Jade and Shaded Spruce inks with a blending brush.  To make the leaves stand out better against the patterned paper I tore some vellum and adhered that over the patterned paper.  I stamped the rose in Polished Pink ink and stamped the leaves and sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink.  I cut out the hello with a die from the 'Tasteful Labels' set and cut a strip of Polished Pink CS to go behind the banner.  I haven't got the Expressions in Ink Ephemera pack but I do have the 'Forever Gold' Laser-cut Specialty Paper and I took a small leafy sprig from there to tuck behind the sentiment.  The sentiment and rose are popped up on Dimensionals.  To add another touch of gold I sprinkled on three Gilded Gems.


For the inside of the card I die cut another leaf shape, applied Just Jade and Shaded Spruce inks with a blending brush and adhered the shape in place.


To decorate the envelope flap I die cut a leaf shape from Thick Basic White CS to use as a stencil.  I dabbed the shape with Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue using a sponge and I let that dry.  If you let the Tombow glue dry it becomes repositionable.  I placed the shape on the envelope flap, applied Just Jade ink with a blending brush and then removed the die cut shape.  Such a soft, pretty effect!


Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Artistically Inked' set
CS: SU! Polished Pink & Thick Basic White, vellum
Patterned paper: SU! 'Expressions in Ink' DSP
Ink: SU! Just Jade, Polished Pink & Shaded Spruce 
Tools: SU! 'Artistic' & 'Tasteful Labels' die sets, blending brush
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! 'Forever Gold' Laser-cut Specialty Paper, Gilded Gems, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10