Tuesday 22 June 2021

Tropical Flower Duo Birthday Card

My creative mojo is definitely lacking at the moment so I turned to the SU! 2021 - 2022 annual catalogue for inspiration. A card on page 21 caught my eye and it appealed mainly because it has pretty colours but also due to the simple layout which means quick and easy to make!  I find it so helpful to CASE (Copy And Selectively Edit) a card when my mojo is missing and it was great to spend some crafty time in my stamp room!  Here's my card and envelope together.


Here's my card.  I've changed a few small details to make the design my own.  The card base is made with Pear Pizzazz CS  and I used paper from the 'Tropical Oasis' DSP pack for the Pool Party strip across the card.  I stamped the flowers in Flirty Flamingo ink onto Basic White CS and then swirled on Flirty Flamingo ink with a blender brush.  I stamped the leaves in Old Olive ink on Pear Pizzazz CS and I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink on Flirty Flamingo CS.  The flower leaves and sentiment banner are all popped up.  I added a gold metallic pearl to each flower centre to finish the front.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Timeless Tropical' set
CS: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzazz & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Tropical Oasis' DSP pack
Ink: SU! Flirty Flamingo, Mossy Meadow & Old Olive 
Tools: SU! 'In the Tropics' die set, blending brush, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Metallic Pearls, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10