Sunday 21 November 2021

Autumn Leaves Thanks Friend Card

Here's a card I made with my new SU! goodies, the 'Gorgeous Leaves' stamp set and matching 'Intricate Leaves' die set.  I kept putting off buying them but it was only a matter of time before I succumbed to temptation!  Here's the card and envelope together.


Crumb Cake CS was used for the card base and I glued on a panel of the gorgeous damask paper from the SU! 'Pattern Party' DSP pack.  I stamped the woodgrain image in Crumb Cake ink and the dots in Crushed Curry ink onto a piece of Basic White CS which I cut out with a 'Layering Square' die. I die cut a larger square in Merry Merlot CS as a mat layer. I used Cinnamon Cider, Crushed Curry, Merry Merlot and Old Olive inks to stamp four leaves.  I die cut the stamped leaves and I also die cut 3 leaves from some 'Be Dazzling' sparkly silver paper.  I glued down the sparkly leaves and added the stamped leaves popped up on Dimensionals.  I stamped the 'THANKS' in stamped off once Cinnamon Cider ink on Crumb Cake CS, stamped the 'friend' in Merry Merlot ink and die cut the sentiment with a fishtail flag banner die.  I glued down the banner and glued the leafy square element in place.  My finishing touch was to add a linen thread bow.  I really like the mix of the rustic elements and the elegance of the damask and the sparkly silver leaves!


Here's a close up of the leafy square.


Here's the inside of the card.


Here's the envelope.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Gorgeous Leaves' & 'Biggest Wish' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Merry Merlot & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Pattern Party' DSP & 'Be Dazzling' 6" x 6" specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Cinnamon Cider, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Merry Merlot & Old Olive
Tools: SU! 'Intricate Leaves' & 'Layering Squares' die sets, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! linen thread, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10