Thursday 18 November 2021

Papaya, Pear & Gold Floral Hello Card

Barb Mullikin shared a lovely card on this YouTube video using the SU! 'Artistically Inked' bundle and I was inspired to CASE Barb's card.  I changed a few things to make the card my own  - I usually try to Copy And Selectively Edit when I CASE!  Orange is definitely not a go to colour for me but I went outside my comfort zone and I was very happy with the end result.  Pale Papaya goes really nicely with Pear Pizzazz - and the dash of gold adds a touch of elegance!  Here's the card and envelope together.


I cut a panel of Pale Papaya CS, taped a decorative mask in place and applied Pale Papaya ink with a blending brush to create the patterned background.  I added some patterned paper and a die cut Pear Pizazz strip to the panel and glued that to the Pear Pizzazz card base.  I inked the flowers with Pale Papaya ink but added a touch of Pumpkin Pie ink using a sponge dauber to give my flowers some nice shading.  After die cutting both flower shapes, I glued them together and popped the flower up.  I tucked Pear Pizzazz and gold foil leaf shapes behind the flower.  To complete the card front I stamped and die cut the sentiment label and popped that up.


Here's the inside of the card.


I used the Envelope Punch Board to create an envelope from a piece of patterned paper and I added a die cut name element to decorate the front.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Artistically Inked' set
CS: SU! Pale Papaya, Pear Pizzazz & Basic White, Gold Foil Sheet
Patterned paper: SU! 'Expressions in Ink' DSP
Ink: SU! Pale Papaya, Pear Pizzazz & Pumpkin Pie
Tools: SU! 'Artistic' & 'All Dressed Up' die sets, 'Messages' die, 'Pattern Party' Decorative Masks set, Blender Brush, Envelope Punch Board, MFT 'Fishtail Flags' Stax die set
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10