Friday 19 November 2021

Baby Boy Pinwheel Tower Card

Baby cards are rare for me but when I needed to make one I thought a Pinwheel Tower card would be great fun!  Instructions for making a Pinwheel Tower card sized to fit in a UK C6 sized envelope can be found on my tutorials page.   Adding in a wobble spring rocking horse makes it even more fun!  Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's a view from the top so you can see why this fancy fold is called a Pinwheel Tower card.


I've used a Sizzix baby die set which gave me options for elements on three panels so that was perfect. I made the card base from SU! Seaside Spray CS and I decorated the panels with patterned paper from the 'Penguin Playmates' and 'Snowflake Splendor' DSP packs.  The 'baby' is from the SU! 'Well Said' die set and the hearts and stars are from the SU! 'Mini Treat Bag' die set. The first panel has a wobble spring mounted rocking horse.  While I was assembling the horse I remembered I had some wood veneer paper in my stash which was ideal as the rocker at the bottom of the horse!  Some blue glitter jewels was my finishing touch for the first panel.


Here's the second panel.  The bib and babygrow are both popped up.


Here's the third panel.  The dungarees are popped up.  I used dies from the SU! 'All Dressed Up' set for the buttons.


Here's the fourth panel where I wrote my message.  I love that sweet sentiment from the SU! 'Bundle of Love' set!


Here's the envelope.  Because the card was fairly bulky with the wobble spring and dimension I used a gusseted envelope.  I popped up the name label.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Bundle of Love' set
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Misty Moonlight, Poppy Parade, Seaside Spray, Soft Suede & Basic White, 
Patterned paper: SU! 'Penguin Playmates' & 'Snowflake Splendor' DSP packs
Ink: SU! Misty Moonlight 
Tools: Sizzix 'New Baby #2' die set, SU! 'All Dressed Up', 'Mini Treat Bag', 'Rectangle Stitched', 'Tasteful Labels' & 'Well Said' die sets
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Dimensionals, PaperMania glitter jewels, action wobble spring

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10