Wednesday 24 November 2021

Painted Christmas Wallet Of Six Cards

Lesley and Wendy visited me on Saturday for a crafty get together and as usual we had a wonderful time!.  Last time they saw this card wallet I'd made and they suggested that as our next project.  I've used the absolutely beautiful SU! 'Painted Season' suite of products to make a wallet that holds six cards.  I added in a couple of Christmas sentiment sets, the 'Wintry' set of 3D embossing folders and some embellishments.

Here's the wallet filled and tied up ready to give as a gift.  I used Real Red CS for the wallet and matted the patterned paper panel onto Pear Pizzazz CS.  The large label is Evening Evergreen which is embossed with the spruce folder from the 'Wintry' embossing folder set.


Here are the six Christmas cards I made to go inside the wallet.  I really enjoyed making three each of two designs.


Here are the two card designs with their matching envelopes.


Here is the holly jolly Christmas card.  The card base is Pear Pizzazz and the large label is Evening Evergreen which is embossed with the spruce folder from the SU! 'Wintry' set of embossing folders. I used Pear Pizzazz and Evening Evergreen inks to stamp the holly leaves and the berries are stamped in Real Red ink. The white label is popped up on Dimensionals.  The red ribbon is a lovely festive embellishment.

 

Here's the inside of the holly jolly card.


Here's the Be of Good Cheer card.  The card base is Crumb Cake and the large label is Real Red which I embossed with the snowflakes folder from the 'Wintry' embossing folder set.  I used  Crumb Cake and Soft Suede inks to stamp the pine cones, Pear Pizzazz ink for the foliage at the top and Pear Pizzazz and Evening Evergreen for the leaves at the bottom.  The white label is popped up on Dimensionals - and I placed it lengthways on this card whereas it's widthways on the holly jolly card design.  The festive embellishment for this card is three red rhinestone jewels.


Here's the inside of the Be of  Good Cheer card.


Here are the six envelopes.



Here's the wallet ready to be filled with the cards.  To make the wallet I trimmed a Real Red A4 piece of CS to 11", scored the long side at 5" and 6" and scored  the short side at 6 3/4" and 7 1/4".  I cut slits to make the fold up tabs and as they only measured 1" and I wanted them to be deeper I cut two 4 1/2" x 2" pieces of CS, rounded the top corners and glued them to the smaller tabs.


Here's the cards inside the wallet.  This size is perfect for six A6 cards and envelopes where one layer of Dimensionals has been used on each card.  If you didn't make dimensional cards you could fit eight cards and envelopes inside - maybe up to ten even.  I like my Dimensionals too much though!


Here's a view from the side.


Here's a closer look at the label on the front of the wallet.  I stamped a foliage background on the white label using stamped off once Pear Pizzazz ink and stamped the sentiment in Evening Evergreen ink.  I popped up the Evening Evergreen label, the white label and the holly berries.  I added gold holly leaf embellishments and red rhinestone jewels as a final finishing touch.


This was such a lovely project to work on, I really enjoyed spending some time in my craft room creating and prepping while on a week off from work!  I'm going to have a hard time giving this wallet of cards away!

Following my week off I've started a new job, a part time Customer Service role working in an office on the phones.  For the past six years at Wilko I've worked weekends and not always had a set schedule.  I'm excited that I won't be working weekends now and I have a set pattern of work days and shift times - how lovely!  Arranging crafty days with Lesley and Wendy will be SO much easier and I'll have more crafty me time as well, what a result!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Season', 'Christmas to Remember' & 'Holly Jolly Wishes' sets
CS: SU! Crumb Cake, Evening Evergreen, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Painted Christmas' DSP
Ink: SU! Crumb Cake, Evening Evergreen, Pear Pizzazz, Real Red & Soft Suede 
Tools: SU! 'Seasonal Labels' & 'Tailor Made Tags' die sets, 'Wintry' set of 3D embossing folders, Crop-A-Dile, corner rounder punch
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Real Red Double Stitched Satin ribbon, Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Gold Holly Leaves, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10