Friday 5 November 2021

Ornaments, Holly & Snowflakes Pinwheel Tower Card

Pinwheel Tower cards have been popping up online and I was keen to try one for myself.  I love that a Pinwheel Tower card has four panels and that it stands up beautifully for display but folds flat to go inside an envelope. Julie Davison has this blog post and I watched her fab YouTube video to find out how to make one.  I tweaked the measurements for a UK A6 sized card and I've given the information below.  Julie says in her video to make the tower using patterned paper rather than CS as that gives less bulk to the card so that's what I did.

Here's how I made an A6 sized Pinwheel Tower Card:

  • Cut CS or patterned paper 4 1/2" x 4 1/8.  On 4 1/2" side, score at 1", 2", 3" & 4". Glue the tab.
  • Cut four CS panels measuring 4 1/8" x 2 7/8".
  • Cut four patterned paper mat layers measuring 3 7/8" x 2 5/8" & glue to the CS panels.
  • Glue the four panels to the four tower sections.
  • Add any elements to decorate the card as desired.

I have added instructions to make a Pinwheel Tower card sized to fit in a UK sized C6 envelope here on my Tutorials page.

Here's the card and envelope together.


Here's a top view of the card so you can see how it's made.  Basically, you create a tower and adhere a panel to each of the four sides which gives the pinwheel shape.  I've used SU! Mint Macaron and Polished Pink CS with 'Whimsy & Wonder' specialty DSP to create my card.


Here's panel one.  I fussy cut the two ornaments and popped them up on Dimensionals.


Here's panel two.  I stamped holly from the 'Christmas Season' stamp set, die cut the shapes, snipped one holly berry off because I like three berries rather than four and popped up the leaves and berries.


Here's panel three.  The snowflake circle is popped up.  I added some iridescent self adhesive snowflake embellishments which go nicely with the holographic details in the patterned paper.


Here's panel four where I will write my message.  I die cut a tag with a hole re-inforcer, stamped the sentiment, fussy cut the present and ornament and popped those up.  I added Blushing Bride baker's twine to the tag and then popped up a Mint Macaron bow which I'd fussy cut from the patterned paper.


Here's the envelope.



What a fun card to put together, I enjoyed it so much I immediately made another one!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas Season' & 'Itty Bitty Christmas' sets
CS: SU! Mint Macaron, Polished Pink & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Whimsy & Wonder' Specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Mint Macaron, Mossy Meadow & Polished Pink 
Tools: SU! 'Seasonal Labels' & 'Tailor Made Tags' die sets, circle punches
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Blushing Bride baker's twine, Adhesive Backed Snowflakes, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10