Sunday 31 October 2021

Snowflakes Tag 'Tis The Season Card

I wanted to use my snowflakes 3D embossing folder again so that's why this card came about.  Here's the card and envelope together.


The snowflakes 3D embossing folder is designed to fit in the SU! Mini Die Cut & Embossing Machine so it's not wide enough to emboss a panel of CS which will cover a whole card front.  I couldn't get a design with a layout that I was happy with using just the narrow panel, I decided I needed to cover the whole card front.  Therefore, I embossed a second panel, cut it to size, glued the two panels in place and covered the join with a strip of sparkly silver CS.  

My idea was to add sparkly snowflakes to a dark coloured tag so I played with the idea a bit before choosing to apply a wash of colour to a panel of watercolour paper.  Using a wide flat water painter I wet the panel of watercolour paper and added Misty Moonlight and Gorgeous Grape inks.  I blasted my panel with a heat tool to dry it and die cut the largest label shape from the SU! 'Seasonal Labels' die set.  I die cut several snowflakes, glued them in place on the label and turned my label into a tag with a hole and hole re-inforcer.  I glued on the stamped sentiment, added Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon to the tag and popped the tag up on Dimensionals.


Here's the inside of the card.  The 'May Your Season Sparkle' is such a fab sentiment and I always add a sparkle element when using it.  I die cut the snowflakes swirl from the sparkly silver paper.  The SU! 'Snowfall' die set is retired but I love the dies in this set and will continue to use it.  I must admit I have a lot of retired SU! snowflake stuff, I love snowflakes so much I just can't part with my favourites!


Here's the envelope with more dies from the 'Snowfall' die set.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! 'Christmas To Remember' & 'Snowflake Wishes' sets
CS: SU! Gorgeous Grape, Misty Moonlight & Basic White, watercolour paper
Patterned paper: SU! 'Be Dazzling' 6" x 6" specialty DSP
Ink: SU! Gorgeous Grape & Misty Moonlight 
Tools: SU! 'Wintry' 3D embossing folders set, 'Seasonal Labels', 'Snowfall' & 'Tailor Made Tags' die sets, water painter brush
Embellishments & Accessories: SU! Gorgeous Grape sheer ribbon, Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10