Saturday 23 October 2021

Two Baby Wipe Technique Christmas Cards

After the no internet issue I was laid very low with a nasty virus so no crafting or blogging got done.  I've just about started to get some energy back and hopefully I can catch up on things.  

My lovely friends Lesley and Wendy came over on World Card Making Day to try the baby wipe technique and today I'm sharing the cards I designed for them to make.  The baby wipe technique is where you place drops of ink onto a baby wipe to create a custom made ink pad.  You place your stamp on the baby wipe instead of on an ink pad and stamp as normal.  If you use a few colours you get a lovely multi toned effect.  

Here's the first card and envelope together.  I love this technique with snowflakes!


Here's the card.  I used Balmy Blue, Highland Heather and Misty Moonlight inks to create my baby wipe ink pad.  I've used old, retired, but much loved snowflake stamp sets for this card.  The card base and sentiment label were made with Highland Heather CS, the square panel is Misty Moonlight CS and the background panel was made using 'Snowflake Splendor' DSP.  I popped up the snowflake and added a blue gem embellishment to the centre.


Here's the inside of the card.  This sentiment is so perfect for snowflake cards!


Here's the envelope.


Here's the second card and envelope together.


For this card I chose to use three shades of green ink - Mint Macaron, Just Jade and Shaded Spruce - to create a trees card.  I stamped a few trees directly onto a panel of 'Snowflake Splendor' DSP and then stamped and die cut a separate tree.  I die cut a snow bank, glued that in place and then popped up the die cut tree.  I stamped the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink and added some sparkly die cut snowflakes.


Here's the inside of the card.  I was very happy with the multi toned trees I achieved with the green ink colours I chose!


Here's the envelope.


As usual, we had such a lovely time together and another crafty day is planned!

Supplies for snowflake card:
Stamps: SU! 'Festive Flurry', 'Flurry of Wishes' & 'Frosted Foliage' sets
CS: SU! Highland Heather, Night of Navy & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Snowflake Splendor'
Ink: SU! Balmy Blue, Highland Heather & Misty Moonlight ink refills, Night of Navy ink pad
Tools: SU! 'Festive Flurry', 'Stitched Shapes'  & 'Rectangle Stitched' die sets, Claina Palmer 'A6 Double Stitched Nested Dies' set
Embellishments & Accessories: baby wipe, SU! blue self adhesive gems, Dimensionals

Supplies for trees card:

Stamps: SU! 'Winter Woods' & 'Christmas to Remember' sets
CS: SU! Just Jade & Basic White
Patterned paper: SU! 'Snowflake Splendor' DSP, 'Be Dazzling' 6" x 6" specialty paper
Ink: SU! Just Jade, Mint Macaron & Shaded Spruce ink refills, Shaded Spruce ink pad
Tools: SU! 'In the Woods' & 'Snowfall' die sets
Embellishments & Accessories: baby wipe, SU! Dimensionals

Ruth

No comments:

01 09 10