Sunday 20 September 2009

Shaped Thank You Card

I was delighted with the Go Kreate shaped dies I bought a while ago as I love brackety shapes. The only downside is that you can't make cards with them that stand up. I'm thrilled that cards made with the Nestability Labels Eight dies actually stand up, yay!

This card is for my SU! demo Joanne's August Stampers Ten challenge. She gave us some Choc Chip, Old Olive and Ruby Red CS, a piece of Holiday Treasures DSP, some Choc Chip ribbon and a stamped thank you element. This card will go to our great friends Debs and Mike to say thank you for our anniversary gifts.

I changed the element by punching a circle to get my flower centre and the thank you donut shape. The large flower is a QuicKutz Revolution die and I shaped the petals a wee bit for dimension. I got busy with my Cuttlebug embossing folders, I embossed the red and olive shapes and the flower too. I used an olive Felt Fusion flower inside the donut and popped on a clear crystal.




Supplies:
Stamps: I suspect Joanne is giving us a sneaky peek of a new SU! set!
CS: SU! Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Holiday Treasures DSP
Tools: Labels Eight Nestabilities dies, Cuttlebug Victoria, Spots and Dots and D'vine Swirl embossing folders, QuicKutz Revolution Flower die, plain and scalloped circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon, olive Felt Fusion flower, clear Swarovski crystal, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10