Friday 25 September 2009

September 2009 Card Group Christmas Cards

Two more Christmas cards that we made at my September card group meeting.

I just adore this little gingerbread man image! Although I was told at card group that I had to say gingerbread person - political correctness is everywhere LOL! I swiped Ruby Red ink around the main image and the white sentiment piece. The gingerbread person is popped up with 3d foam pads.



This next card measures just over 4" square. I had 2 packs of blue PaperMania DL sized card blanks, (the tall narrow ones) and I just wasn't inspired to make anything with those sized cards. Then I hit upon the idea of chopping the cards in half and it was much easier working with small square cards!

I scribbled Marvy pens on a ceramic tile and picked up the colour with a wet paintbrush to colour in the image. I love this ribbon treatment and don't use it nearly enough. Dawn uses it to great effect on lots of her fabulous cards!




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Cupcake Snowman & sentiment, Hero Arts Pine Bough, SU! Hung Up on the Holidays set, 'merry merry christmas to you!' sentiment from Penny Black
CS: White CS, PaperMania blue card blanks, SU! Real Red CS, silver CS
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Ruby Red, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Marvy Le Plume II pens, small snowflake punch
Embellishments & accessories: Silver brads, red grosgrain ribbon, black & white gingham ribbon


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10