Tuesday 29 September 2009

Bling Birthday Butterfly for Wendy

This card is for the lovely Wendy who I see at Joanne's fab Stampin' Up! Make & Take evenings. Like me, she loves pink so that made choosing my colour scheme easy. I've added a fair bit of bling for some sparkle - well, it is a milestone birthday for her after all!

I got to play with some new goodies on this card - the Hero Arts Clouds stamp and the large pink Kaisercraft rhinestones. I bought the stones from Paper Arts while I was away in the Cotswolds and I've been itching to use them on a card!

The card measures 5 3/4" square and was made with SU! Pretty in Pink CS. I stamped the clouds in Bashful Blue ink and then cut the square and mat out with square Nesties. The butterfly is a Cuttlebug die shape cut from Rose Red CS. After die cutting the shape, I inked the embossing folder before embossing the shape and then applied Raspberry Sparkle Perfect Pearls. I've added pink crystals to the butterfly body, folded the wings up a bit for dimension and have popped the butterfly up with 3d foam pads. The clouds image panel is also popped up over the patterned paper panel.

I just had to include a 40 on there! That was made with a QuicKutz alphabet die set - and I added more crystals to the square. This 40 square is also popped up with 3d foam pads.

I hope Wendy has a wonderful birthday - and that she liked her card!




Supplies:
Stamps: Sentiment and Clouds DesignBlock background stamp from Hero Arts
CS: SU! Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Rose Red Prints Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Bashful Blue and Rose Red
Tools: Cuttlebug Butterflies die cut and embossing combo set, square Nestability dies, QuicKutz Katie Skinni Mini alphabet die set
Embellishments & accessories: Raspberry Sparkle Perfect Pearls, SU! Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon, large Kaisercraft pink rhinestones, pink Swarovski crystals, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10