Thursday 24 September 2009

Simple Christmas Cards

Here are a couple of simple Christmas cards I made using some PaperMania embossed card blanks. I thought they would be great 'cheats' for fast and easy cards! I have a thing about snowmen and snowflakes, they tend to be my favourite theme for Christmas cards.

I loved this cute Hero Arts cupcake snowman stamp when I first saw it but didn't buy it. After Christmas last year I saw it at half price - so then I couldn't resist and he came home with me! I just stamped the image, coloured with watercolour pencils, cut it out and popped it up with 3d foam tape. I added some ultrafine glitter for a touch of sparkle.



On this card I've used one of my new Labels Eight Nestie die shapes which I lightly spritzed with silver Glimmer Mist. It has a very subtle shimmer. The snowflakes are felt embellishments from Hero Arts. Actually, I might use this card as an after Christmas Thank You as it doesn't have a specific Christmassy sentiment.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Cupcake Snowman & sentiment, 'sparkle' from SU! Warm Words set
CS: White CS, SU! Bashful Blue CS, PaperMania embossed card blanks
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, Encore Silver
Tools: Nestabilities Labels Eight die, watercolour pencils
Embellishments & accessories: Hero Arts felt snowflakes, Silver Glimmer Mist, Stardust embossing powder, ultrafine glitter, crystals, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10