Saturday 19 September 2009

Faux Embossed Thanks So Much

Finally, I've managed to get back to my craft room and make a card! I was away for nearly 3 weeks and really missed my crafting. Then when I got back I decided my room needed some long overdue organisation so I spent a day or two sorting things out and it's much better now. Finally, I have my scraps under control.

This card is for Jan and Alan to say thanks for the Silver Wedding Anniversary gift they gave to us. I tried the faux embossing technique a while back, using this stamp, and really loved the effect so I thought it was time to do it again. I stamped the image with Brilliance white ink first, then using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, stamped the image again slightly to the right in Old Olive ink.

While I was away I did no crafting at all but at least I managed a trip to a craft shop, Paper Arts near Stroud. I had a very happy time there looking at their lots of treasures. I bought the spiral clips there - along with a few other goodies and a couple of magazines! I kept things simple, just a panel of Basic Grey Sultry paper, some Old Olive grosgrain ribbon and my layered piece put across the card at an angle. I added some brads and some gorgeous SU! Floral Fusion felt flowers to the main image piece which is popped up with 3d foam tape.




Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Silhouette Corner, sentiment from SU! Sincere Salutations set
CS: SU! Rose Red, Chocolate Chip & Old Olive
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Sultry 6" x 6" pad
Ink: Brilliance Moonlight White, SU! Old Olive & Chocolate Chip
Embellishments & accessories: Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, Choc Chip grosgrain ribbon, Floral Fusion felt flowers, brads, spiral clip, SAMJ, 3d foam tape


Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

I was so excited to see you in my google reader this morning. This is beautiful Ruth. They will love it. Glad you are back..

01 09 10