Friday 23 April 2010

April SU! Stamper's 10 Make & Take Cards

These are the two very pretty cards Joanne designed for us to make at her April SU! Stamper's Ten Make & Take meeting on Tuesday evening. I never get both my projects completed on the evening and I finished these two off at home.

The first card uses the Level 1 Hostess set In My Garden and Old Olive and Brocade Blue CS. We stamped onto Confetti White CS in Basic Gray ink and coloured in with Watercolor Wonder Crayons and an Aqua Painter. Although we used Brocade Blue CS, we coloured the flowers with the Ballet Blue crayon as it was a better match. We sponged the edges of the Confetti White pieces with Olive ink. Linen thread was tied around the wide striped grosgrain ribbon. The large white panel is popped up with dimensionals. Joanne used the thank you stamp from the Wonderful Words set for her card but I stamped my Kind Thanks sentiment from the Thank You Kindly set instead.



For the second card we used the new 2 Step Bird Punch to make a bunch of flowers using just the wing and branch shapes - so clever! Joanne's base card was made with Whisper White CS but I used Mellow Moss for mine. Joanne also stamped the Banana panel with a background stamp in Banana ink but I left mine plain. We punched nine wings in Barely Banana CS and edged them all with Regal Rose ink. Then we glued them together in groups of three to make three flower bud shapes. We punched five branch shapes from Mellow Moss CS, keeping two intact but trimming some leaves from three branches to make a cup made of two leaves for the flower buds to sit in.

Two tiny tags were added using the Tiny Tags stamp set and matching punch. The tags were edged with Regal Rose ink as was the Banana panel. The white panel was edged with Mellow Moss ink. The Thanks so Much tag is popped up. The stamping at the bottom of the Rose panel was done with a stamp from the Tiny Tags set stamped repeatedly with the aid of the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig - and in my case the aid of Joanne who very sweetly stamped it for me after I'd messed it up twice! Bless her, she's very good to us! The ribbon strip and bow were made with the SU! Moss gingham ribbon - many thanks to Alex who made my bow using her Bow Easy tool! I have given the second card to our lovely neighbour Kath to say thank you for looking after our cats while we were away in the Cotswolds.



Supplies for blue flowers card:
Stamps: SU! In My Garden & Thank You Kindly sets
CS: SU! Old Olive, Brocade Blue & Confetti White
Ink: SU! Basic Gray, Old Olive & Brocade Blue
Tools: SU! Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Old Olive & Ballet Blue, Aqua Painter, sponge daubers, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! 1 1/4" Old Olive striped grosgrain ribbon, SU! Linen thread, SU! Dimensionals

Supplies for pink & yellow punched flowers card:
Stamps: SU! Tiny Tags set
CS: SU! Mellow Moss, Regal Rose, Barely Banana & Whisper White
Ink: SU! Regal Rose & Mellow Moss
Tools: SU! 2 Step Bird punch, SU! Medium Jewelry Tag punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, sponge daubers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Moss gingham ribbon, SU! Dimensionals


Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness these are so pretty. I am so in love with the bird punch.. Now I see you use it this way and I want it.. Great card Ruth.. Just lovely...

01 09 10