Thursday 1 April 2010

Upright Z Fold Easter Card for Jan & Alan

Since buying my metric Scor-Pal I've been looking at the projects on the Scor-Pal web site and the upright Z fold card caught my eye. I decided to make one as an Easter card for our friends Jan and Alan. I love how the front panel tucks under the punched circle to enable the card to stand up. Click here to see the Scor-Pal project - the page will open in a new window.

I used SU! Certainly Celery and Really Rust CS as those colours go beautifully with the Magenta Robin's Nest patterned paper I glued to the back panel. I used my Bun Bun stamp 'cos I know Jan loves it! I coloured the bunny with Copic markers and I fringed some Celery CS to resemble grass. I added a few punched butterflies to the bunny panel.

To finish off I added the bow to the punched circle. I don't know if there is a name for this type of bow but I really like them as they're flat as you don't tie a knot. I laid my length of ribbon in an S shape, then pinched it together in the middle and tied some linen thread around to keep it together. Then I attached the bow to the circle with a glue dot and attached the button to the bow with another glue dot.



I decorated the front of the envelope with a strip of the patterned paper and a scalloped border.



There are birds nests with eggs inside on the patterned paper and I wanted to punch a circle out and mat on CS circles to put on the envelope flap. When I turned the envelope over there was a big dirty mark on the flap. Having already decorated the front, I didn't want to start again with a new envelope. So I traced the flap onto the patterned paper and cut it out to cover the mark and then I added my circle element. I really like how the flap looks with the patterned paper, I may have to do it again!



Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Bun Bun, sentiment from SU! Seasonal Wishes set
CS: SU! Certainly Celery & Really Rust, Craftwork Cards Digital extra smooth white CS
Patterned paper: Magenta Robin's Nest double sided paper
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, SU! Chocolate Chip
Tools: Metric Scor-Pal, SU! 1 3/8" circle punch, SU! Scallop Border punch, Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punch, Copic markers
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, rust brads, SU! Latte Designer button, crystals, 3d foam pads, glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

pink lady said...

What a gorgeous card Ruth, it looks really effective and that image is so cute !

01 09 10