Monday 12 April 2010

Gift Set of Note Cards for Kevin & Peter

We're travelling to the Cotswolds today to spend a few days with our fab friends Kevin and Peter to celebrate my birthday, hooray! I've been allowed to make a few special requests and so I've asked to be taken to a local craft shop, Paper Arts. I went last time I was in the Cotswolds and I thoroughly enjoyed my visit and I'm looking forward to going again. I thought I'd make Kevin and Peter a little crafty gift for acceding to my demand! I hope they like it.

I went to a Messy Day a few weeks ago and I made this gift set of six A6 note cards, envelopes and box then. I used the SU! Circle Circus stamp set and Kraft, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla CS and SU! Bella Bleu patterned paper for the gift set. I think they work really well together for my masculine gift card set.

I used my M&F board to make the box 'cos I didn't have my Scor-Pal at the time. I made three Kraft cards and three Not Quite Navy cards, used two different patterned papers but I kept the layout exactly the same for each card. I stamped all the images and printed the Just a Note sentiment from the PC using the Formal436 BT font and then got busy with my circle punches. The Just a Note circle is popped up on each card.

This photo shows the six cards.



This photo shows the box and pile of decorated envelopes.



Just recently I had the idea to include some stamps and a pen with the gift set too. I had a template for a small envelope that I'd kept from a magazine and after I'd adjusted the sizing on the copier it was the perfect size to hold a book of six stamps. I traced the template onto a piece of the patterned paper and cut it out and assembled the envelope. I printed 'Stamps' from the PC using the same font I used on the cards and got busy with the circle punches again.

This photo shows the open box with the cards and envelopes tied up with Vanilla ribbon, the stamps envelope and a blue gel pen.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Circle Circus and Vintage Frames sets
CS: SU! Kraft, Not Quite Navy & Very Vanilla CS, printer paper for card inserts
Patterned paper: SU! Bella Bleu Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Not Quite Navy
Tools: M&F Board, various circle punches, SU! Scalloped Circle punch, circle Nestie dies, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners #2 die, Sizzix Scallops Decorative Strip die
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon, envelope template, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10