Wednesday 28 April 2010

Butterfly Thanks Card for Gill

This is the card I shall give to my friend Gill to say thanks for my fabulous birthday gift. When I think of Gill I think of her favourite colours which are turquoise and pink so I combined them here with Chocolate Chip. I used two crafty birthday gifts from friends on this card - the decorative corner punch came from Dawn in the USA and the gorgeous Prima flower came from a pack sent to me by Michelle at the Card Grotto. I am so lucky to have such great friends, I was thoroughly spoiled on my birthday!

The card measures 5 3/4" square. I stamped the Dandelion Frame stamp on Confetti White CS in Chocolate Chip ink, sponged around the panel with Tempting Turquoise ink and punched the decorative corners. After stamping the sentiment I punched the butterflies out of Bazzill pink CS, ran an embossing stylus down each body to pop the wings up a bit and added crystals to the bodies.

I then ran a strip of Tempting Turquoise ribbon around the card and affixed a flat bow over the top with a glue dot. I then added the beautiful Prima flower and put a turquoise gem in the centre. I've had the Dandelion Frame stamp for a while, it was one of those 'got to have it' purchases but whenever I've tried to use it the cards just haven't worked. I'm so relieved I've finally managed to make a card with it!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Dandelion Frame cling stamp, SU! Thank You Kindly set
CS: SU! Chocolate Chip & Confetti White CS, Bazzill Petunia CS
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip & Tempting Turquoise
Tools: Fiskars Heritage three-in-one decorative corner punch, Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly punches
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Tempting Turquoise grosgrain ribbon, Prima e-line flower, Kaiser turquoise gem, glue dots

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10