Sunday 25 April 2010

Masculine Thank You Card for Jack

This is the card I'm sending to Jack to say thank you for my lovely birthday gift. I always find making masculine cards a challenge and I didn't know where to start. On this card I chose the patterned paper I wanted to use first and then it all came together.

I embossed the green paper with the Diamond Plate Cuttlebug folder to add some texture and then I scuffed the embossing - as the paper had a white back the scuffing revealed the white core. I separated the two patterned papers with a Chocolate Chip strip.

For the thank you element, I first stamped the wood grain stamp on Kraft CS with Creamy Caramel ink and then I stamped the frame. The frame stamp I used has a small 'thank you' in the bottom right corner but I wanted to add a larger thank you sentiment instead so I inked the frame with a Chocolate Chip marker so I could omit the sentiment. Then I used the Stamp-A-Ma-Jig to place the thank you sentiment where I wanted it and punched it out with the Curly Label punch. I coloured three silver nail heads with a dark brown Copic marker and added these to the Kraft panel. I matted that onto a Chocolate Chip Nestie Label Four die cut shape and popped it up. To finish off the card, I added photo corners.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Cute & Curly and Fresh Cuts sets, Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain background stamp
CS: SU! Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & Kraft
Patterned paper: Basic Grey Sultry 6" x 6" pad
Ink: SU! Creamy Caramel & Chocolate Chip, SU! Chocolate Chip marker
Tools: SU! Curly Label punch, Nestability Labels Four die, Sizzix Sizzlits Photo Corners #2 die, Copic marker
Embellishments & accessories: Silver nail heads, 3d foam tape

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10