Tuesday 6 April 2010

CAS Spring Fling Thanks Card

Monday's CAS challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was to make a card where the only stamping you could do was the sentiment. I've just got a new SU! thank you sentiment set so I used my new thanks stamp, I just love that gorgeous font!

The card measures 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" and folds at the top. I punched circles from SU! Spring Fling patterned paper and layered them onto CS circles. The top left, top right and centre bottom circles are all popped up.

I added striped grosgrain ribbon and a flat bow. I threaded a strip of Celery CS through a pink button and added that to the bow. To finish off the card I rounded the bottom corners of the card.

I love these colours together, so soft and springy! I saw two butterflies fluttering around together in our front garden today, a sure sign spring is well and truly on the way!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Thank You Kindly set
CS: White CS, SU! Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery & Sage Shadow CS
Patterned paper: SU! Spring Fling Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Certainly Celery
Tools: 1" & 1 1/4" circle punches, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Pretty in Pink striped grosgrain ribbon, PaperMania pink button, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

2 comments:

pink lady said...

Wow what a stunning card, those colours are absolutely beautiful I love it !

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a lovely card - such beautiful colors!

I have an award for you on my blog.

Wishing you a good day today!

Barbara Diane
http://whimcees.blogspot.com

01 09 10