Monday 14 February 2011

Perfect Coffee Valentine Card For Hubby

This is the coffee themed Valentine's card I gave to Owen today.  The idea to use cups from my Elzybells Tea For Two set came from Curt's lovely, inspiring Valentine card on this blog post.  Owen and I both love our coffee, it has to be proper coffee too, no instant for us two! I made a side opening A6 landscape card from Cherry Cobbler CS.  I embossed the turquoise panel with a Texturz folder and added a white strip edged with a decorative punch.  I've sponged all the white edges with Chocolate Chip ink.

I stamped the cups on white CS and also stamped them again on a Post It Note to create masks so I could stamp the oval.  That grounded the cups and stopped them from looking as if they were floating.  I stamped the solid cup colours -  pink for my cup of course! - and added hearts which I stamped on the cherry CS and cut out.  The cups are popped up.  I added a touch of colour to the cappuccino foam with ink and a blender pen.  I punched photo corners for the image panel to which I've added tiny gold heart shaped brads.  For the sentiment, I die cut two Labels Trio shapes and offset them.  I decided on a skewhiff main image panel (or Casey Court as my friend Jan always says!) and I've popped it up.


This is the inside of the card.  I embossed the heart with the same Texturz plate I used on the card front.  I used two different sentiments, added more tiny gold heart brads and popped the oval up.


Then I decorated the envelope front.  I thought the swirl stamp echoed the swirls on the embossed pieces I'd used on the card.  I added punched hearts and an oval element for me to write hubby's name on.


I'm very happy to report he loved his card!

Supplies:
Stamps: Elzybells Tea For Two clear set, 'with love' by PSX, 'Happy Valentine's Day' from SU! Seasonal Wishes set, heart from Hero Arts Sending Smiles Messages clear set, A Muse Essential Ovals clear set, swirl from UM set from unknown source
CS: SU! Cherry Cobbler, Tempting Turquoise & Whisper White
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Bahama Blue & Rose Bud, SU! Chocolate Chip & Cherry Cobbler, Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink
Tools: Oval & rectangle Nestabilities dies, Labels Trio die, Sizzix Ivy Flourishes Texturz plate, EK Success Dotted Wave border punch, Sizzix Sizzlits Heart Funky # 2 die, small heart punch, blender pen
Embellishments & accessories: Tiny gold heart brads, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10