Sunday 27 February 2011

Rosy CandleLights

The postie delivered my SU! A Rose is a Rose set a couple of days ago and I've been itching to play with it.  We had some friends round last night and I thought I'd take some time to dress up our Philips Imageo CandleLights with some sparkly roses.  They were finished just minutes before our first guests rang the doorbell!

I spent a bit of time trying out colour combos and I eventually decided to stamp the solid roses in Apricot Appeal ink and the outline in Regal Rose ink, stamped off once.  Apart from the rose bud where I stamped the outline in Regal Rose full strength ink so it stood out just a tad more.  For the leaves I used Certainly Celery and Old Olive inks, both stamped off once.  I cut out all the images, glued them together and added Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the roses.  I simply wrapped a strip of Certainly Celery ribbon around each glass holder and then attached the roses to the ribbon with large 3d glue dots.  I'm very happy with my pretty roses!

Now I've really got to knuckle down and make cards for my March card group and make a birthday card for a friend - all masculine cards.  So no more playing with pretty flowers for a while - but at least I had a rose fix yesterday!



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! A Rose is a Rose set
CS: SU! Whisper White
Ink: SU! Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery & Old Olive
Tools: SU! Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: SU! Certainly Celery ribbon, SU! Dazzling Diamonds glitter, 3d glue dots

Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And very nice they were too !!!
Debbie x

01 09 10