Friday 11 February 2011

Stencil Flower Just For You Birthday RAK Card

This is a Splitcoast Stampers BRAK group card I'll be sending out later this month.  It's a side opening A6 landscape card made with Pear Pizzazz CS.  I stamped the Little Stencil Flower in black ink, cut the panel out with a rectangle Nestie die, rounded the corners and edged it with Pear Pizzazz ink.  We've used the SU! Colour Spritzer tool a couple of times at Joanne's Make and Take evenings and I quite like the look but I don't really want to buy the tool. I decided to get the speckled look by using a toothbrush.  I dampened the brush, rubbed it over my black ink pad and then flicked the brush with my finger.  Not high tech and I got inky fingers but it worked!

I love the look of the SU! Scallop Trim Border and Corner punches but I had a feeling I'd find them difficult to line up to make decorative edged squares and rectangles.  Yep, I used the punches at Joanne's last month and made a right hash of it and got very frustrated!  I'm all about easy and I want my crafting to be fun and not frustrating.  So I've bought the Lacy Square Nestability dies instead.  Even though the dies are square, I reckoned I'd be able to make rectangles as well.  I cut two square shapes, trimmed the ends and glued the two shapes together to make a rectangle.  I'm so chuffed how it turned out!  The image panel and sentiment oval are both popped up.


When I bought this Stencil Flower stamp I also got the matching background stamp.  I stamped that on the side of the envelope front.  I stamped my sentiment and inked the edges of the white panel.  Then I cut two Melon Mambo Lacy Squares, trimmed the ends and glued both halves inside the card.  The join was more noticeable on this panel than on the one on the front of the card.  No problem, a punched flower top and bottom sorted that.  Then I decided to add a flower at each side as well.  Yay, perfect decorative rectangles without the frustration!


Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Little Stencil Flower, Paper Art (background stamp) & Sending Smiles Messages clear set, SU! Ovals All set
CS: SU! Pear Pizzazz, Melon Mambo, Basic Black & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Night & Day Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: VersaFine Onyx Black, SU! Pear Pizzazz & Melon Mambo
Tools: Lacy Square Nestabilities dies, SU! plain oval punch, X Cut mini flower punch, Crop-A-Dile (to make flower centres)
Embellishments & accessories: Toothbrush, 3d foam pads


Photobucket



1 comment:

Jacqueline said...

A very pretty card - love that flower stencil stamp - Jacqueline xx.

01 09 10