Wednesday 23 February 2011

Round Petal Pizzazz Birthday Wishes Card

I think shaped cards are really fun and I love using Nestabilities dies to make shaped cards.  I find the circles a tad small though and wanted to make larger circle cards.  I definitely don't want to invest in the Grand Caliber machine and the Grand Nestie dies though!  I just wanted to be able to cut out circles up to 6", I don't think I'd use larger sizes than that.  So I've recently bought an EK Success Circle Scissor Pro and this is the first card I've made using it.  There's a bit of a learning curve and I found taping your CS to a glass mat gives the best results.  Now I've got the hang of it, I find it easy and fab! 

The Circle Scissor cuts circles from 1" up to 6" and goes up in 1/16" increments.  I cut two 5 7/8" Rich Razzleberry circles for my card and will put it in an envelope measuring a tad over 6" square.  I scored a line on the circle at the back, glued the two pieces together to form the card and then cut a piece off the bottom of the back circle so the card stands up nicely.  I then cut 4 more circles of CS and patterned paper for my layers.  On the Pale Plum layer, I've stamped a Hero Arts background stamp in Pale Plum ink. 

I used the lovely Petal Pizzazz set for my flower, stamping in Razzleberry, Pale Plum and Old Olive.  I stamped off the Razzleberry ink once first as it's a very intense colour and I also stamped off a couple of the leaves.  I glued the leaves behind the flower and have popped the flower up.  The smallest flower with the jewelled embellishment centre is also popped up.  I used oval Nestie dies for the sentiment and I've added olive crystals on either side of the words.  I absolutely love this colour combo inspired by the gorgeous Cottage Wall DSP pack and I love the Petal Pizzazz stamp set so this card was a complete joy to make!  Kelly at Kelly's Craftin' Corner is making a series of cards using the Cottage Wall DSP pack this week and she is also having a draw for one lucky person to win a £10 SU! voucher so go and check out her blog!

Flower stamps are a joy for me to stamp with, they make me happy.  I love the contemporary flowers in sets like Petal Pizzazz but I also love the two step stamping floral sets where you get more realistic flowers.  I am so smitten with the SU! lilac stamp set (Blossoms Abound) that I bought recently that I'm busy tracking down a few more retired SU! floral two step stamping sets.  You'll definitely be seeing cards made with them here at Flower Sparkle in the future!


Here's the inside of the card and the envelope.


There will be a little something offered as a Flower Sparkle giveaway so do please pop back later to see the details!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Petal Pizzazz & Sincere Salutations sets, Hero Arts Design Block Flourish, inside sentiment also Hero Arts
CS: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, Pale Plum & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive & Pale Plum
Tools: EK Success Circle Scissor Pro, petite oval Nestie dies
Embellishments & accessories: PaperMania metal flower embellishment, olive crystals, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

1 comment:

Pauline said...

Another lovely card, I do like how you always decorate the envelope to match. Love shaped cards although I don't think I've made one myself!

01 09 10