Wednesday 29 September 2010

Butterflies Spiral Pop Up Card

One of today's U Stamp with Dawn & Friends Cards with Cool Moves projects was a spiral pop up card.  I've never made one of those before so I thought I'd give it a go.  I used the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set and my Cottage Wall papers.  Quite a fun card to put together but what I really struggled with was getting good photos, especially of the inside!  It's very grey, damp and miserable here today so the light is awful and I had to resort to the light tent.

The card measures 12 cms square and is made with SU! Pale Plum CS.  I swiped Razzleberry ink around the patterned paper panel before gluing that to the card front.  After punching the butterfly I ran an embossing stylus down both sides of the body to pop the wings up.  Then I cut a dimensional in half and put one half under each wing - leaving the backing paper on - which means the wings stay popped up.  I also stamped a butterfly border on the envelope to match.


This photo shows the inside with the spiral pop up element.  Because the two middle butterflies can be seen from above and below, I stamped and cut out two and glued them back to back.



I swiped Old Olive ink around a panel of patterned paper and glued that to the back of the card and this is where I shall write my message.



Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Flight of the Butterfly & One of a Kind sets
CS: SU!  Pale Plum, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry & Whisper White

Patterned paper: SU! Cottage Wall Designer Series Paper pack
Ink: SU! Rich Razzleberry & Old Olive

Tools: Square Nestabilities dies, SU! Butterfly punch, SU! Eyelet Border punch,  SU! 1 3/4" circle punch, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig, embossing tool
Embellishments & accessories:  SU! Dimensionals

Photobucket

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, love the pop up butterflies, and love the colour you have used.

Nicci said...

Love this card, the colour combo is so beautiful :)

01 09 10