Saturday 18 September 2010

Owl Thank You Tent Card For Jan

Another tent card but an A6 sized oblong one this time.  This card is for my sweet friend Jan to thank her for a gift and her ongoing kindness.



The base is made with Old Olive CS and I used papers from the Sweet Pea stack.  The branch and owl are one solid image on the stamp - I stamped once in Old Olive and again in Chocolate Chip.  I cut out the Choc Chip owl and have popped him up.  As the branch is a bit spindly, I was a tad concerned about it bearing the weight of the owl.  So I stamped another branch, cut it out and attached it to the back to add some strength. Circle Nesties were used again to make the aperture and frame.  I added some photo corners, Old Olive ribbon and a gorgeous Sweet Pea felt bloom.  I used yellow gems for the owl eyes and added pink gems to the corners.

This photo shows the back of the tent card.  I used various stamps from the fabby Elzybells 'Thank You For' set for the sentiment element.  I love that there are various words in the set that you can put together to build your sentiment.  I finished off with an olive felt flower with a pink crystal brad.



Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts Midnight Owl cling stamp, Elzybells Thank You For clear set
CS: SU! Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue & Whisper White
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Old Olive & Chocolate Chip
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, Sizzix Photo Corners #2 die

Embellishments & accessories: SU! Old Olive grosgrain ribbon, SU! Sweet Pea felt flower, SU! Felt Fusion felt flower, pink crystal brad, Anita's gems wheel
Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10