Sunday 5 September 2010

Tree Thank You Tent Card

I saw the tent card tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers a couple of weeks ago and really liked the look of them. Our friend Peter very kindly sent us some Philips Imageo CandleLights as a gift for helping him to prepare for Kevin's 50th birthday party. They are battery operated candles in tall frosted glass holders and they're rechargeable. Kevin and Peter have them at home and I loved them so now I'm chuffed we have our own set! It was such a lovely surprise to receive a box through the post, you can't beat happy mail! This card has been sent to Peter as a thank you for his thoughtful gift.

I adjusted the measurements of my tent card so that I could use my metric Scor-Pal for the scoring. My card base CS measured 24 x 12 cms and I scored at 12 cms. For the stand I used CS measuring 12 x 12 cms and I scored at 3, 6 and 9 cms. I alternated valley, mountain and valley folds to make the W shaped stand.

I used circle Nesties to make the aperture and frame. The tree is from a piece of SU! Sweet Pea DSP. I roughly cut out the tree, glued it to a piece of white CS to add a bit of strength and then trimmed it carefully. I used two strips of torn Old Olive CS to represent grass and I've sandwiched the tree trunk between the strips. I used a piece of blue Sweet Pea paper on the back panel to represent sky and I've stamped my flock of birds. A sentiment and some photo corners have finished off the card front. The sentiment is popped up.



The style of tent cards means the card doesn't open so there's not a place to write inside the card. I glued a Bashful Blue CS panel to the back of the card, added a sentiment oval and this is where I wrote my message. The sentiments came from an Elzybells clear stamp set. I also decorated the flap of the envelope.



I couldn't resist decorating some belly bands for the CandleLights! They're not glued to the glass so they can slip off when I need to put the candles on their charger unit. How fun that I can change the belly bands whenever I want - I'm already looking forward to making some Christmas themed ones!



Supplies:
Stamps: Hobby Art Flock of Birds, SU! Trendy Trees & Fresh Cuts sets, Elzybells Thank You For set
CS: White Hessian Embossed CS, SU! Chocolate Chip, Bashful Blue, Old Olive, Rose Red & So Saffron
Patterned paper: SU! Sweet Pea Designer Series Paper stack
Ink: SU! Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Pumkpin Pie & More Mustard
Tools: Circle Nestabilities dies, SU! plain and scalloped circle punches, Stamp-A-Ma-Jig
Embellishments & accessories: American Crafts Olive metal photo corners, 3d foam pads

Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10