Tuesday 7 September 2010

CAS Snowman Season's Greetings - Craft For Life Card

Monday's CAS challenge on Splitcoast Stampers was a sketch based on a card made by resqbarbie.  I've not made a card where I've cut apart the image into tiles before so I thought I'd give it a go.  I decided to make a Christmas card to go to the Craft For Life campaign to support Cancer Research UK.  I've made a few Christmas cards this year and I'm currently enjoying non traditional colour schemes - not much red and green so far!

The card is A6 sized and made with SU! Kraft CS.  I stamped the lovely retro snowman image on Vanilla CS in Pearlescent Chocolate ink.  The snowflake and the sentiment are both stamped in Cosmic Copper ink.  You really can't tell from the photo but there's a nice subtle shimmer to the card.  I added a copper brad to the snowflake centre and the circle is popped up.



Supplies:
Stamps: Snowman from Inkadinkado Holiday Sentiments set, Season's Greetings from Hero Arts Winter Wishes set, snowflake from My Cute Stamps Let It Snow set
CS: SU! Kraft, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla
Ink: Brilliance inks in Pearlescent Chocolate & Cosmic Copper
Tools: 1 1/4" & 1 1/2" circle punches
Embellishments & accessories: Copper brad, 3d foam pads


Photobucket

No comments:

01 09 10