Thursday 23 September 2010

Leafy Branch Wishing You Card For Naomi

Our friends lovely daughter Naomi is bravely setting out on her new life this coming weekend, she's leaving home to go to university.  We went over last Sunday for afternoon tea and to say goodbye and wish her well for the future.  This is the card I made for her.  It is CASEd from this card that I saw and loved on Tobi Crawford's blog.

I changed the orientation, making my card a side opening landscape A6 size card.  I stamped the polka dot background and the leafy branch.  I fussy cut the branch - oh, that's a fiddly job! - and I've popped it up with 3d foam pads.  I added crystals to the leaves.  The sentiment words all come from the fabby Elzybells 'Thank you for' set.  As well as the 'Thank you for' stamp in the set, there is a 'Wishing you' stamp and then lots of words so you can build an appropriate sentiment.  I stamped the words and then cut them out in strips so I could randomly arrange them on the card.  I added three crystals to the 'Wishing you laughter' panel to finish off the card.



Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink Polka Dot Basics & Beautiful Blooms sets, Elzybells 'Thank you for' set

CS:  Bazzill Dotted Swiss 'Mermaid', SU! Kraft & Whisper White
Ink: VersaMagic Turquoise Gem chalk ink
Embellishments & accessories: Crystals, 3d foam pads

 Photobucket

1 comment:

Zoe said...

Fab colours, love the spotty background x

01 09 10